Take back your browser
Bromite is Chromium plus ad blocking and privacy enhancements; take back your browser!
The main goal is to provide a no-clutter browsing experience without privacy-invasive features and with the addition of a fast ad-blocking engine.
Minimal UI changes are applied to help curbing the idea of “browser as an advertisement platform”.
All patches are published under GNU/GPL v3 to enable other open source projects’ usage.
Bromite is available for Android v4.4 and above.
- Bromite v77 released
- Bromite v72 released
- New F-Droid repository URL
- Proxy configuration
- Bromite v70 released
- Maintenance release for DoH issue
- Submissions for new logo
- Bromite v69 released
- native adblock engine with filters from EasyList, EasyPrivacy, uBlock origin and others
- remove click-tracking and AMP from search results
- DNS-over-HTTPS support
- Proxy configuration with PAC and custom proxy lists support
- → StartPage, → DuckDuckGo and → Qwant search engines
- chrome flags to disable custom intents and clear session on exit
- always-incognito mode
- removed privacy-unfriendly features
- privacy enhancement patches from → Iridium, → Inox patchset, → Brave and → ungoogled-chromium projects
- security enhancement patches from GrapheneOS project
- canvas, audio and other anti-fingerprinting mitigations
- import/export bookmarks
- allow playing videos in background
- all codecs included (proprietary, open H.264 etc.)
- AV1 codec support
- built with official speed optimizations
See the complete features list here: → README.
Please donate to support development of Bromite and the costs for the build system.
BTC donations address:
ETH donations address:
Current Bromite stable version: 77.0.3865.81
You can also install and receive updates via F-Droid Client.